Software Engineer – Security Products
Rotterdam, Netherlands€50,000 - €70,000 per yearIT & DevOps
Software Engineer – Security Products
You support different DevOps teams in improving the quality of their products and bringing transparency to their services. Thanks to your experience in software development, you build sustainable solutions to ensure high-quality data security services. You deploy and develop enhancements for cloud services and you automate and improve the operability and quality of existing services.
What you move?
Our team is multi-cultural and diverse. We work in agile/scrum, in close collaboration and with emphasis on knowledge sharing. Team members can volunteer to take on new topics and take the opportunity to learn and develop their know-how and skill set.
You join the Swisscom Security Agile Release Train, where advanced security products and services are developed and offered to external and internal customers.
Projects you will contribute to are related to security and compliance of cloud native environments, data loss prevention, protection of sensitive data etc. You take part in creating the built-in quality strategy of Switzerland's largest DevOps unit. Together with a team working in an agile set-up. Thanks to your experience in software development, you build sustainable solutions to ensure high-quality data security services. By continuously facing new challenges, you enjoy growing your technical skills and learning new tools and technologies.
The team is working mainly with Python. You should feel comfortable using one or more programming languages.
Testing, debugging, prototyping
Experience with CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins/Gitlab, ArgoCD, Public Cloud)
DevOps experience (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts)
Good analytical and solution-seeking mindset
Frontend development experience (Angular)
Team-oriented, fast learning and self-organized
English: Professional Working Proficiency
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
- To begin with you will receive a fixed term contract (one year), after 6 months of your employment with us, after a feedback meeting with the team, there is a possibility of extending the contract to an indefinite term
- The salary ranges mentioned in our Job Descriptions are base annual gross salaries.
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.