Software Engineer (Orchestration)
Rotterdam, Netherlands€50,000 - €60,000 per yearIT & DevOps
Software Engineer (Orchestration)
As part of an interdisciplinary DevOps team, you closely collaborate with your colleagues in an agile setup. By openly sharing new ideas, you help your team members, and you consult with customers on the features you build. You document, test, and operate your applications and integrations, and you provide support during the applications' lifecycles. Open and willing to learn new technologies.
What you move?
- Declarative modelling of services and business logic (e.g. OpenStack Heat Orestration Templates, Apache Drools, State Machine Modelling
- Programming experience in Java
- Linux skills for a developer
- Experience in working with CI/CD tool chain (Knowledge of tools is optional: Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Maven)
- Experience with cloud technologies: OpenStack, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Basic knowledge of networking and routing
- Experience with agile methodologies in an international setup is an advantage
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (ETH/Uni/UAS) in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in English
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate the collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.