DevOps Engineer (Monitoring, Metering, and Logging)
Rotterdam, NetherlandsIT & DevOps
What you move?
will be part of an international team of 5 software engineers to develop
our Logging, Monitoring & Metering capabilities.
Leveraging your know-how in Full Stack software development, you develop high-quality software design and determine efficient coding practices in an Agile team using scrum project methods. Additionally, you will be responsible for the infrastructure automation using Ansible to ensure that our systems are up and running smoothly. You bring your expertise in DevOps, Elastic Stack, Zabbix, CI/CD Pipelines, Gitlab and Ansible to the team and create innovative solutions for our customers. Thanks to your enthusiasm for new trends and technologies as well as your good communication skills, you help us keep our systems up to date to the newest level of software engineering and secure.
Why you succeed
- Bachelor Degree (Uni/UAS/technical college) in computer science, business informatics, or related disciplines
- Deep Knowledge and many years of Experience in fullstack development with Python and SQL
- Deep knowledge and many years of Experience with DevOps and knowledge of Zabbix and Elastic Stack, CI/CD Pipelines, Gitlab and Ansible
- Certification in Cloud technologies is a plus
- Familiar with agile development methods and environments (Scrum, SAFe)
- Proficient in English, German is a plus
- Communicative, active contributor who enjoys teamwork as much as sharing ideas and expertise
- Open-minded behaviour, thinking out of the box
- Motivated and curious to learn
- Willing to take responsibility end-to-end, beyond just implementation – You build it, You run it
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
Candidates for this position will be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check as part of our standard employment procedures. Additionally, candidates will be required to provide a debt statement that demonstrates their financial responsibility.
As a condition of employment, all successful candidates will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to protect sensitive company information and ensure confidentiality.
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.