Software Developer (Security)
Rotterdam, Netherlands€60,000 - €70,000 per yearIT & DevOps
Software Developer (Security)
In a technically exciting and dynamic environment, you significantly contribute to the successful development and operation of our brand-new Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) offerings. You will reduce toil and develop automation to manage our environments at scale.
What you move?
Together, we evolve our SASE offerings using novel security architectures. You drive with us the technical transformation enabling a redefinition of the connectivity offerings. To do so, you are passionate and keeping yourself deeply informed with the evolutions in IT, Network, Cloud and Endpoint Security. You also enjoy working across multiple disciplines such as design, development, integration, testing, and operations. By automating our DevOps environment, you help us fostering efficiency, reliability and quality.
- Innovation, design, development, integration, test and operation (DevOps) of our brand-new Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) products.
- Definition of Security Policy best practices with a clear value proposition, provision of policy templates with an easy adoption. Defining, building and managing of data pipelines for internal and external stakeholders.
- Troubleshooting and debugging in all environments.
- SRE, continuous improvement and automation of workflows and processes to reduce toil.
This is a T-shaped role so a specialization in any of these areas would be great:
- Security: e.g. Mobile Device Management (MDM), ZTNA, Firewall, IPS, DLP, DPI, CASB, M365, Certificate Management
- Networking: e.g. SD-WAN, NAT, IPSec, IPv6, site-to-site VPN, Load Balancing, BGP
- Data Management: e.g. Kafka, Splunk, Data Analytics
- Experience in site reliability engineering (SRE)
Other than the above we also require the following:
- Experienced in programming (i.e. Java/Spring/Golang) and scripting (i.e. Python, Bash)
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps technologies (Artifactory, GIT/GITOps, Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, ArgoCD)
- Cloud computing, infrastructure and networking (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Openshift, Micro-Services)
- Experienced as a DevOps Engineer in an IT or Telco environment
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree (Uni/UAS) in telecommunications or computer science
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new technologies
- Enthusiasm for agile working methods and principles
- A challenger of our 'legacy' and 'telco specific' way of thinking (e.g. GITHub Copilot)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Learn and share/teach know-how
- Very open-minded as well as solution- and team-oriented
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.
Get in touch with the talent acquisition team.