Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Netherlands, Rotterdam€60,000 - €70,000 per yearIT & DevOps
Software Engineer (Backend)
You will work in a cross-functional team of 7 DevOps engineers distributed between Switzerland and Rotterdam to build a modern single page web application that documents the agile organisation and facilitates the agile transformation in Swisscom.
What you move?
- Develop modern applications in a DevOps setup with focus on frontend development (80% Dev, 20% Ops)
- Implement automation tests with modern frameworks (unit, integration & e2e tests)
- Deploy your code to internal cloud platforms (PaaS & IaaS) using CICD pipelines
- Take part in the requirements engineering process with your team and stakeholders
- Work with the Scrumban approach in an agile team and organisation
- Proficiency with C# ASP .NET Core 5+ using entity framework
- Experience with testing practices (unit, integration & e2e)
- Cloud native development with Docker and Kubernetes
- Relational databases like MS SQL Server or MariaDB
- Experience with git
- Proficient in spoken and written English
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Angular 2+
- Generic understanding of CI/CD pipelines
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.