Junior DevOps Engineer (Frontend)
Rotterdam, Netherlands€50,000 - €60,000 per yearIT & DevOps
Junior DevOps Engineer (Frontend)
You are a junior DevOps engineer with the focus on frontend skills. You play a vital role in our Agile DevOps team, have a flair for UI/UX design and bring fresh ideas to our solutions. You are the member of a growing DevOps Team distributed in two countries: Switzerland and Netherlands. In an agile environment, you implement high-quality, cloud-native, secure software solutions using state-of-the-art methods and tools. We maintain what we created together – you are involved in the entire software lifecycle – from design and implementation to operations and bug fixing.
What you move?
In an agile environment, you implement high-quality, cloud-native, secure software solutions using state-of-the-art methods and tools.
Your team belongs to "SRE & Tooling" ART, which is part of the Mobile Experience Large Solution ("MELS"). Our MELS Mission 2025 is to build and run the best network, the best services, for our customers and us. In Switzerland and worldwide. We are one of the best Mobile Teams worldwide shaping the future of the Mobile Network.
SRE & Tooling ART has been formed in February 2022 and we are in the process of transformation in more than one distinct stages. Our vision is to create a fast IT which enables us to differentiate. We build new know how in Cloud & Big data and are leading edge in FCAPS. We measure our success and drive our decisions based on measurable facts, empower by our leading edge observability capabilities.
For our journey we defined values and culture that helps us to work together. We continuously deliver on time and with expected quality. We collaborate with and support our stakeholders proactively throughout the entire product lifecycle. We encourage our people with empowerment and support to get the best out of them. We appreciate being committed and aligned to work together to a common goal, objective and vision. Trust and innovation are our core values to drive the transformation within our team and our large solution MELS.
You contribute to building safe, secure, and high-quality software to Swisscom customers. You work in an international, geographically distributed team in a SAFe context.
Your main task is to design, develop and operate a new cloud native and highly customized tooling collection for our internal customers. You will work in the requirements engineering process as well as in the prototyping and development phase of our new tools. As soon as we are deployed the tools to production, we are responsible for the operation and maintain the functionalities in the lifecycle phase.
- Bachelor's in computer science, telecommunication, or a comparable subject.
Knowledge of JS, HTML, CSS
- A good flair for UI/UX design
- Frontend Libraries like REACT or VUE (Preferred REACT)
- Containers / Kubernetes / Docker
- Cloud Native developing Methods
- DevSecOps & Open Mindset
- CI/CD Tools & Automation
- Microservice Architecture
- Cloud Experience like AWS or Azure is a plus
- SRE Skills
- Team-oriented, take on responsibility and ownership, flexible and proactive, eager to learn and experiment with new technologies, data, and tools, a flair for continuous improvement
- Enthusiastic about working in a distributed agile working setup using methods like Scrum/Kanban
- Very good English communication skill
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious. Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.
Get in touch with the talent acquisition team.