Fullstack Java/Angular Developer
Rotterdam, Netherlands€55,000 - €65,000 per yearIT & DevOps
Fullstack Java/Angular Developer
Are you experienced in building Java cloud solutions? Are you a well-versed web developer experienced in building complex Angular UIs?
Is Clean Code close to your heart? And are you enthusiastic about the agile way of working? Then we have the perfect position for you!
What you move
The Developers work in an agile Setup (Scrum, SAFe framework, Retrospectives, PI planning etc.) with different workloads.
The team you will work in are from different locations. The current team members come from Switzerland and Rotterdam. In the future that may also be from Riga or India (externals).
You develop and support customer facing applications that are used by different Swisscom sales channels like selfcare, shops and Point of Sales all over Switzerland. You independently design software solutions and develop them in an interdisciplinary team. In pair programming you ensure the transfer of know-how and transfer new projects into production. You will actively participate and contribute to agile ceremonies, such as dailies, retrospectives, PI plannings, etc. You will work and be responsible end to end on owned features, from solution design, implementation, testing, to deployment and releasing to production, and monitoring the entire system.
Why you succeed
- Degree (Bachelor degree or above) in computer science or IT diploma (FCC) or relevant experience
- Angular (or similar JS frameworks), experience with NgRx state management is a plus
- Java 8 or higher and related technologies (REST APIs, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices)
- Clean code principles
- Experience with development and build tools (GIT, Jira, IntelliJ)
- Experience with test automation methods (integration and unit tests)
- Experience with CI/CD (Pipeline know-how)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud environments is a plus
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools is a plus (Splunk, Grafana)
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL database is a plus
- Communicative, active contributor who enjoys teamwork as much as sharing ideas and expertise
- Independent and Team player on the same time.
- Proficient in English
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Open-minded behaviour, thinking out of the box
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate the collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.