Cloud Platform Engineer (Governance)
Netherlands, Rotterdam€60,000 - €72,000 per yearIT & DevOps
Cloud Platform Engineer (Governance)
You are a security specialist, fascinated by cloud computing and paving the way for others at scale. With this mindset, you are an ideal fit for us!
What you move?
You work in an internal and geographically distributed team with cultural diversity and interact with other DevOps engineers and product owners. You play a vital role in our agile DevOps team. With your passion for security, you take Swisscom's internal cloud platform to the next level.
In an agile environment, you are responsible for the implementation of platform-level capabilities of iAWS - Swisscom's well-architected AWS Landing Zone.
As a platform engineer, you embrace Infrastructure as Code to achieve your goals. With your proven expertise in the field of Security, Identity, and Compliance on AWS, you complement the team optimally.
This team belongs to the "Shared Enabling and Platform Services" tribe, which is the Shared Service organization in Swisscom. Thanks to you, we can offer AWS as a fully-integrated, secure and compliant self-service platform to all Swisscom internal DevOps teams.
In your daily work, you will get in touch with the following tools and technologies. The more you are already familiar with the better. Everything else you will learn on the job:
- AWS Services: SCP, AWS Backup, Firewall Manager, EKS, Lambda, AWS CDK, CloudFormation, Service Catalog Tools, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Amazon Inspector, AWS Config, Security Hub, Guard Duty, AWS Shield, Amazon Detective
You are an expert in working with AWS and hold one or more of these specific certifications:
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- Master's Degree (M.Sc.) or Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc.) with comparable experience in Computer Science
Technology independent skills:
- Excellent problem-solving skills to develop quick and sound solutions that resolve complex issues
- Team-oriented, very adaptable, a flair for continuous improvement
- Very good English, German is a plus
Want to know more about us?
We are serving the Swiss market as Switzerland’s leading IT & Telecom company. Thus, we are actively driving digitalization and networking, and tapping new paths for our customers and our employees. We do not know what the future is going to look like, but we definitely have the opportunity to shape it. To do so we are and act trustworthy, committed and curious.
Since 2019, we have been building up the coolest DevOps Center with a wonderful office at the World Trade Center in the heart of Rotterdam. We are currently recruiting IT passionate professionals who are keen on developing high-quality software, have an agile mindset and appreciate collaboration with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
What's in it for you?
- Agile way of working, multi-cultural work environment promoting work-life balance
- Autonomy, flexibility, opportunity and growth
- Cool office space in the World Trade Center Rotterdam!
- Office and team events to build a stronger Swisscom community
- Full relocation support (Housing, settling-in, etc.) for you and your family
- Telephone/internet allowance and contribution to health insurance
- Paid training days and access to Swisscom learning platforms
- Commuting and home office allowance
- Gym subscription, Tax advice, and language course
- Work from abroad possibility for a fixed term
- Care, bereavement, maternity and paternity leaves
- 25 days paid vacation days plus Dutch national holidays
How we hire
Our hiring process is thorough, to ensure we make the right decision and to help you to decide if we're the right fit for you.
Getting to know you
In the first call, let our recruiter learn about you and your story to check a potential fit. This is also a chance for you to ask questions about the role and Swisscom.
Meet the team
In this meeting, your future team takes a deeper dive into your experience and what you could bring to the team. You can expect questions on how knowledgeable you are in your area.
In this round, you get the chance to show off your skills to your future team.
HR/Culture fit chat
You made it to the very last stage! Here we get to know you on a personal level as well as answer any questions you might have.